1v kuoli, kun joutui odottamaan lääkäriä ensiavussa 4h


Baby dies after four-hour wait in A&E

13:32pm 12th October 2005

A baby boy who suffered minor burns from a spilt cup of tea died after spending four hours in accident and emergency, his parents claimed today.

Zia and Nasmin Islam, from Watford, said 13-month-old Ahil was ignored by doctors at Watford General Hospital until it was too late.

He developed an infection and suffered diarrhoea and severe hydration while there.

On October 4, doctors sent him back to the A&E department at Watford General for urgent treatment.

Ahil was taken in an ambulance and his parents thought he would be seen to immediately.

But 37-year-old Mr Islam said his son was left for four hours, despite the couple' s pleas for help.

" Every single time we asked something they said ' oh someone will see you, wait for it, they are busy, they are doing other things, they are prioritising their work' ," he told BBC London.

" We were never given priority. When does a patient become a high priority? When they are about to die? When they are dead?

" What' s the point of changing priority then?" Ahil died that afternoon.

A Trust spokeswoman said an investigation was launched immediately and the family were being informed of all developments.

Kommentit (8)

Tämä kenttä pitää täyttää jotta oikeat käyttäjät erottuvat boteista.